Part two of our three-part series, Your Knowledge, Your Stories, Your Impact
♦ ♦ ♦
If we, at UF, have learned one thing about folks who lived in the Canal Zone, it’s that you all have fabulous stories! At last year’s Panama Canal Society Reunion, we were riveted by many of the stories shared with us throughout the weekend as we sat together at the Library’s PCM Collection table.
If you have an interesting story to tell, you could be featured in the Stories from The Zone section of the PCM Collection Blog as a guest blogger. This section does not yet have any guest blogs and we hope to soon fill it with fascinating and true stories of life in the Panama Canal Zone.
What is your favorite Canal Zone story to tell at dinner parties? What is the funniest thing that ever happened during your time in The Zone? What event had a significant impact on your life? Perhaps you know a surprising story behind a photograph that was featured on the blog. If you have a great story, we want to share it on the blog!
Anyone can be featured in this section – here’s how:
1) Contact the blog staff through the Contact tab with an idea or brief description of the story you would like to share in your post.
2) If you are telling a story about a particular object (from a blog post or the Digital Collection), be sure to provide a link or title of the object so that we can link to it in your post!
3) We will respond with some thoughts, ideas, or questions that may help to round out and complete your story.
4) Any posts submitted will be edited for spelling and grammar, but your content will remain unchanged.
5) We will post your story to the Stories from The Zone section of the blog.
Any stories we post in this section are publicly viewable, meaning that anyone in the world can read them! So here are some tips for making a high quality post:
- Between 500 and 1000 words
- Structured like a short story— with a clear beginning, middle, and end
- True stories! We want to feature your memories of actual events and experiences
- Stories about an object from the Digital Collection or a past blog post are encouraged
If you have a story, start by contacting us! Send us a message using the Contact tab and we will work together to make a great post.
If you know someone else who has an interesting story, please share this post with them and encourage the storytellers in your life to put pen to paper (or rather, fingers to keyboard!) and share their memories of life in the Panama Canal Zone!